The Eye-Opening Facts About Teens and STDs
Sexually transmitted diseases are on the rise in the country. A large part of this can be attributed to higher levels of sexual activity among teens, some of whom are not aware of the various ways in which they can have safe sex.
Estimates show that there are 20 million new infections in the United States each year. Half of these are attributed to people between the age of 15 and 24 years.
The highest infection rate for gonorrhea is found among teen girls in the age group of 15 to 19 years of age. The infection rate among teens is almost 50 percent among teen boys and teen girls.
The majority of sexually transmitted diseases are accounted for by the human papillomavirus virus.
About 46 percent of high school students are sexually active and 4 in 10 of these students do not use a condom.
Twenty five percent of teens contract a sexually transmitted disease every year.
These facts show that sex education is a must for teens whether it is provided by the school authorities or by parents.
Here are facts teens need to know before becoming sexually active:
- STDs are spread by having unprotected sex. Any kind of vaginal, anal or oral sex can lead to STD infection.
- It is naïve to believe that you can tell if another person has a sexually transmitted disease. Many STDs do not have visible symptoms and many like herpes lie dormant for many years even when they can cause infection to another.
- If a teen has already been sexually active, the only way to test for sexually transmitted diseases is to go to a STD testing center that looks into all kinds of STDs.
- The only sure shot way to avoid STDs is to avoid sex. If avoidance is not an option, safe sex should be ensured at all times. Using a condom can prevent against a large number of STDs. While they can prevent some completely, the risk of others can be reduced significantly.
- Condoms should be put on as soon as there is an erection. Waiting for foreplay may result in some amount of ejaculation that can come in contact with the other person causing fluids to be exchanged. It might be a good idea to go to a teen clinic to understand how a condom can be used properly.
Natural Herpes Outbreak Treatment for Herpes, Cold Sores and Shingles
Fight outbreaks with all-natural H-Balm. Results guaranteed.
The world’s first and only medicine which is certified organic:
* Eases pain, discomfort, and symptoms
* Helps soothe and heal damaged skin
* Treats and heals skin eruptions from outbreaks
* Effective for cold sores
* Treats shingles and heals skin eruptions
* Can be used with antiviral medication or on its own
* Both USDA Certified Organic and FDA Registered
* Approved for Over-The-Counter sales
Herpes infections can be bothersome and rather distressing at times. Safe and effective treatments are available that can make living with Herpes a lot easier.
While there is no cure, the Forces of Nature H-Balm can help provide safe and effective natural treatment of oral herpes, shingles, cold sores and genital herpes. H-Balm comes in Regular, Extra and Extreme Strength
Be smart about how you treat your body.
This product is Certified Organic. This is proof positive it contains no toxins, chemicals or pesticides. When you are treating any ailment the last thing you want to do is expose your body to any chemicals as this further stresses your system.
Learn more about H-Balm now.